I’m Tan – the third bamboo builder generation in Cam Thanh village, Hoi An. My bamboo passion was inherited by my grandpa and dad who had spend their whole life building bamboo houses and furniture. I set my own mission is to maintain the family traditional craft, by combining its old technologies with modern design, introducing the art of bamboo crafting to the world and therefore keep it for our next generation. We call our place the Taboo studio. And if you’re looking for unique and creative time in Hoi An, that’s the place to go.
At Taboo Bamboo Workshop you will be surprised and excited to see all the different household facilities and things that we have created out of bamboo and that we use in our house. Take them home with you as a souvenir and enjoy this long lasting experience.
What we will do
- You will be welcome by a visit to my bamboo studio and an introduction of all different household facilities we have created out of bamboo.
- You then use our materials and tools to make your own artworks under our guidance (if necessary).
- We’d love to help you build whatever you want from bamboo.
- You will prepare everything from the beginning and work on our on your own bespoke project to create something special to take home with you.
- Our workshop is highly recommended by family traveling with children (above 5 years old). All levels of skills are welcome to participate (inexperienced and professionals).
You will get:
- How people use bamboo as sustainable material in Vietnam
- Traditional bamboo house in Vietnam and Cam Thanh village
- Bamboo facilities and things are made out of bamboo
- Special technique to treat bamboo in Cam Thanh village
- Story of his family with 2 generations have deep passion for bamboo
- Choose yours items and get general instruction
- Make this by yourself with Tan’s help and then drawing on bamboos products
- Benefit one
- Benefit two
- Benefit three
- Benefit four
- Benefit five